Our mission is to protect the health, safety and well-being of Colorado youth as marijuana becomes increasingly available and commercialized.
Smart Colorado engages and informs Coloradans on the risks that marijuana poses to youth.
The organization’s mission encompasses five principal objectives:
1) To advocate the interests of parents and children concerning underage marijuana usage
2) To promote the use of scientific data in policy-making decisions
3) To limit the potency of THC in all forms of marijuana
4) To ensure the usage of clearly identifiable inside and outside packaging for all marijuana products
5) To establish strict regulations for the types of marijuana edibles and products entering the marketplace, especially those that appeal to children
Smart Colorado is focused on providing important public awareness and education of marijuana’s health risks to youth, and awareness of regulatory limitations and policy challenges that result in increased youth exposure to the drug. Each of the objectives listed is an integral part of implementing the organization's mission.