Parents who shared low-potency joints when they were in school are often surprised to learn about the new forms of ultra-potent marijuana concentrates. One increasingly popular way to use extremely potent marijuana is dabbing, which as been described as m
We expect many unintended negative consequences from mass marijuana commercialization.While much is still unknown, we do know this:
- Decriminalization, legalization and commercialization are three very different policies
- Commercialization harms our children and our communities.
- Marijuana is particularly harmful to children and young adults because their brains are still developing.
- Marijuana commercialization in Colorado has opened the door for Big Marijuana reminding us of the history of Big Tobacco.
- The marijuana industry hassled the public to believe that the drug is not addictive, but credible studies in reputable medical publications show that it is.
- The marijuana industry has downplayed the negative effects of marijuana use, but the health risks are very real.
Vaping – the act of inhaling a vaporized liquid from an electronic device – is the latest trend, and it’s alarmingly prevalent among today’s teens. Vaping is skyrocketing among teens Nearly half of Colorado’s high school and middle school studen
January 8, 2018 Dear Smart Colorado Supporter: Happy New Year. Thanks to you, we met our challenge goal for year end 2017! We are deeply grateful for your support, both financially and your willingness to stay engaged in this important effort to protect
Thanks to your support we continue to do BIG and IMPORTANT things! Together, with your incredible support, we have brought protecting kids to the forefront when it comes to marijuana policy and education. Our recent parent targeted education campaigns
Thanks to your support, the initial launch of our most recent parent-targeted education campaign, “Not What You Remember”, has been a huge success. As part of the campaign, co-founder Diane Carlson shares her family’s personal experience when her yo
Smart Colorado applauds the Denver Health’s Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center and Denver Environmental Health for the launch of the new 24/7 Marijuana Healthy & Safety Line to help address questions from public health professionals, marijuan