Your Voice Had an Impact!
Because of the expressed concern of many of you over the past months, the Colorado Board of Education once again delayed their decision to alter the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey (click here for more information about the survey).
Your Voice is ONCE AGAIN URGENTLY NEEDED!
This Wednesday, April 8th, the Board may once again vote on the fate of the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey. They are seeking additional feedback from parents, and concerned community members. As the first state in the nation to not only legalize but fully commercialize marijuana, the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey is currently the only way we have of measuring the impact marijuana is having on our kids. It is critical we continue to receive youth feedback in an anonymous, consistent, reliable and credible way so parents, schools, and communities can better protect and support ALL Colorado kids.
How you can help:
- Provide public comment at the State Board of Education meeting, April 8 at 10:30am in the State Board room (click here for address & parking). To give testimony, please click to email SmartCO at your earliest convenience!
- Click HERE to email the entire Board by 9am on Wednesday, April 8th (please mention if you are a parent and in what school/district)
Or use this information for individual board members:
- Marcia Neal, Chairman (R, CD3): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Angelika Schroeder, Vice Chairman (D, CD2): email@example.com
- Dr. Valentina (Val) Flores (D, CD1): firstname.lastname@example.org, (H) 303-765-5494 (calling is better than email)
- Pam Manzanac (R, CD4): email@example.com
- Steve Durham (R, CD5): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deb Scheffel (R, CD6): email@example.com
- Jane Goff (D, CD7): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carey Taylor Markel, Director of State Board Relations: email@example.com