Most Colorado High School Marijuana Users Dab Ultra-Potent Pot Concentrates Smart Colorado calls on Gov. Jared Polis to reinstate marijuana youth prevention funding DENVER — Six years after adult-use marijuana commercialization began in Colorado, te
We expect many unintended negative consequences from mass marijuana commercialization.While much is still unknown, we do know this:
- Decriminalization, legalization and commercialization are three very different policies
- Commercialization harms our children and our communities.
- Marijuana is particularly harmful to children and young adults because their brains are still developing.
- Marijuana commercialization in Colorado has opened the door for Big Marijuana reminding us of the history of Big Tobacco.
- The marijuana industry hassled the public to believe that the drug is not addictive, but credible studies in reputable medical publications show that it is.
- The marijuana industry has downplayed the negative effects of marijuana use, but the health risks are very real.
With Dr. Steven Solomon, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow and Bazi Kanani.
We are now 6 years in from the passing of Amendment 64. Here are 10 facts from the last 6 year: Increase in potency: from 2015-2017, average potencies increased 20% for flower to 19.6% and 21% for concentrates to 68.6%. Colorado Department of Public Healt
Father visits late son’s high school with marijuana message Kent Osborn returned on March 20 to Arapahoe High School, which his son Tom had attended. Kent brought along his write-up of Tom’s story, which concludes: “As far as I’m c
Ask your council member to maintain marijuana-free safe zones for kids Current rules in Denver call for 1,000-foot safe zones between businesses that allow marijuana consumption (which can include outdoor smoking) and schools, child care establishments an
Let’s keep kids away from marijuana at 420 festival On Saturday, April 20, Denver Civic Center Park will host the Mile High 420 Festival, an annual event run by the marijuana industry. Recreational marijuana is illegal for anyone under 21, yet the e