Father visits late son’s high school with marijuana message Kent Osborn returned on March 20 to Arapahoe High School, which his son Tom had attended. Kent brought along his write-up of Tom’s story, which concludes: “As far as I’m c
We expect many unintended negative consequences from mass marijuana commercialization.While much is still unknown, we do know this:
- Decriminalization, legalization and commercialization are three very different policies
- Commercialization harms our children and our communities.
- Marijuana is particularly harmful to children and young adults because their brains are still developing.
- Marijuana commercialization in Colorado has opened the door for Big Marijuana reminding us of the history of Big Tobacco.
- The marijuana industry hassled the public to believe that the drug is not addictive, but credible studies in reputable medical publications show that it is.
- The marijuana industry has downplayed the negative effects of marijuana use, but the health risks are very real.
Ask your council member to maintain marijuana-free safe zones for kids Current rules in Denver call for 1,000-foot safe zones between businesses that allow marijuana consumption (which can include outdoor smoking) and schools, child care establishments an
Let’s keep kids away from marijuana at 420 festival On Saturday, April 20, Denver Civic Center Park will host the Mile High 420 Festival, an annual event run by the marijuana industry. Recreational marijuana is illegal for anyone under 21, yet the e
July 16, 2018 Smart Colorado depicts reality of today’s commercialized marijuana products with THCphotos.org When the media reports on marijuana, they typically include images of leaves or buds — the traditional plant form that has been smoked for
Introducing Smart Colorado’s “Circle of Impact” Newsletter! We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative; a quarterly newsletter appropriately called, “Circle of Impact.” As a supporter of our work protecting kids and communitie
Gov. Hickenlooper’s veto of public marijuana use bill places kids over industry profits June 6, 2018 On June 4, Hickenlooper vetoed Colorado House Bill 1258, which would have let marijuana stores open additional facilities where customers could u